Thursday, August 16, 2007

Lost in a Dream

I was in a bit of a melancholy mood last night when I started to do my vendor pics which didn't get done so ended up doing a composite and taking some photos around the sim. I used to do alot of composites and create stories for them this photo was shot at ImaginExotica where I have a tower in the water that goes up in the clouds. I often like to sit there when I'm trying to work things out be it a new project or some problem I have.

The image originally started with me thinking of a princess locked away in a tower broken hearted but wistful, her tears don't show on her face but in the rain that pours all around her as she contemplates both her past and her future. Her tower is both a prison and refuge where she hides but hopes... But what does she really hope for? The old fairy tales would say a handsome prince to come to her rescue but I think this princess chooses not to be bound by those old tales as seductive as they can be. What will she do, what path will she take? Only time will tell.

Oh gentle winds 'neath moonlit skies,
Do not you hear my heartfelt cries?

Below the branches, here about,
Do not you sense my fear and doubt?
Side glistening rivers, sparkling streams,
Do not you hear my woeful screams?

Upon the meadows, touched with dew,
Do not you see my hearts a'skew?
Beneath the thousand twinkling stars,
Do not you feel my jagged scars?

Seek not my mournful heart kind breeze,
For you'll not find it 'mongst these trees.

It's scattered 'cross the moonlit skies,
Accompanied by heartfelt sighs.
It's drifting o're the gentle rain,
A symbol of my silent pain.

It's buried 'neath the meadow fair,
Conjoined with all the sorrow there.
It's lost among the stars this night,
Too far to ease my quiet fright.

No gentle winds, seek not my heart,
For simply ... it has torn apart.

I'm wearing the Milady Arwen Gown with Ruby Red trim paired with the Princess Gelashia set in silver from AlienBear Gupte.
Allure by Sparkle Skye

ImaginExotica

Alienbear Design

2 comments:

Arianna Psaltery said...

I LOVE that dress...the sleeves alone are heavenly :) I think I will be stopping by your shop on the way home ;D

Anonymous said...

you clearly have developed a look that catches the eye, I can describe it only as defined, clear, crisp, alert, brilliant,sharp,vivacious. You Rock Girl!